There is a wealth of information available on the internet for clients to seek out additional information about their pet’s condition.. Please find below the relevant links:
GENERAL PET INFORMATION
- Follow this link to the American Animal Hospital Associationlist of common pet toxins.
- We often get questions regarding pet safe house plants. This will direct you to a list of many resources for plants and other poisons.
- These web sites are very informative about potential toxins, house plants and pet safety.For pet poisonings, please call us first before poison control as we are familliar with many common poisons. If possible have the container at hand. If needed we will direct you to poison control.Pet Poison Helpline– 800-213-6680 for any animal poison related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.ASPCA Poison Control – 888-426-4435 for any animal poison related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SPECIFIC DISEASE INFORMATION
Washington State University has a great website with a library of information on different disease conditions, procedures, and common medical problems. Link
- The Pet Insurance Review website gives a non-biased side-to-side comparison and review of all the common pet insurance providers. There are also links to follow to all the companies for more in depth research of the available policies. petinsurancereview.com
- We have found that one of the best companies to work with and the simplest plan/policy is Trupanion Pet Insurance.
- Another good insurance company petsecure.ca
HUMANE SOCIETY ORGANIZATIONS
British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The BCSPCA exists to promote humane principles, prevent cruelty and alleviate fear, pain and suffering in animals.
PET LOSS INFORMATION
TRAVELING WITH YOUR PET
- Learn more information about your exotics at Veterinary Partners. Go to veterinarypartner.com
- Melissa Kaplan’s Herp and Green Iguana Information Collection. Extensive information on the captive care and behavior of green iguanas, and other reptiles and amphibians. anapsid.org